Life Science Cares Boston was founded to move the needle on issues of poverty while helping companies build connections with the community and internally between employees. LSC makes impactful grants to community nonprofits that are implementing research-driven solutions in the areas of survival, education, and economic sustainability and supercharges these grants with volunteer hours, donated goods, strategic support, and advocacy. We currently work with 300+ companies and their employees, and 27 partner organizations, but we are on a trajectory to grow our work significantly in 2021 and beyond.
LSC is hiring a Partnerships Manager to join our Programs team. The Partnerships Manager will be in charge of working with our nonprofit partners and member companies to design, execute, and market LSC volunteer programs. The Partnerships Manager will play a key role in helping LSC Boston continue to scale its “secret sauce.”
The Partnerships Manager will work under our Head of Programs and Community Engagement as we implement innovative programs that benefit LSC nonprofit partners by leveraging the life sciences industry. We’re looking for someone who is high-energy, comfortable engaging in thoughtful and productive idea-sharing, and who represents the values of the life science industry and the partner organizations we serve. The Partnerships Manager should have the poise and professionalism to interface with a wide range of partners and stakeholders as a representative of LSC.
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about LSC’s mission. They must be a highly organized project manager with a strong attention to detail and be able to carefully managing multiple projects, event logistics and deadlines simultaneously. They will be a strong writer and communicator. They must be a self-starter who enjoys working independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight, while also being collaborative and team-oriented. Knowledge of the life science industry and/or the Boston-area nonprofit landscape are a plus.
Life Science Cares is an equal opportunity employer that supports and celebrates diversity. As such, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, partners, and stakeholders. We believe our workplace and communities thrive when we actively promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice in all we do.
This position is full-time. The Partnerships Manager will need to attend volunteer events on a regular basis and will occasionally need to work outside regular working hours, on weekends, and on holidays to successfully execute volunteer engagements.
The LSC Partnerships Manager will need to be readily accessible to Life Science Companies primarily based in Kendall Square/Greater Boston. The future LSC office will be based in Cambridge and the Partnership Manager will be expected to be present for team meetings.
Salary range: $55,000-$70,000 based on experience. LSC provides medical & dental insurance, a 401(k) plan with a company match and flexible time off policy for employees.
Volunteer Program Coordination and Nonprofit Partner Support
- Conduct monthly check-ins with all partner organizations to identify, organize, and execute innovative volunteer opportunities and ensure robust partnerships
- Communicate with volunteers before and after volunteer opportunity
- Represent LSC at nonprofit partner engagements, including volunteer opportunities
- Ensure coordination with nonprofit partners to leverage their digital and social media to continually elevate Life Science Cares brand
- Coordinate multi-site drives for goods on behalf of our partners organizations
- Ensure data regarding volunteer engagements is measured and tracked accurately; Build out and maintain databases and hubs (for LSC and member organizations) for volunteer engagements
- Help create more efficient internal systems for tracking and monitoring engagements and partnerships
- Promote volunteer opportunities widely, including leading the development and execution of seasonal campaigns
- Create graphics, fliers and other collateral to promote volunteer opportunities and update website as needed
- During intern cycles, directly supervise Volunteer Coordination intern
Member Company Corporate Social Opportunity Liaison
- Organize volunteer opportunities for member companies in coordination with nonprofit partners; ensure smooth planning, preparedness, engagement execution, and post-event follow-up
- Field all member company inquiries on potential and upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Organize and execute on custom volunteer engagements for member companies
- Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter for LSC member companies
- Give persuasive pitches regarding LSC membership to interested member companies
- Manage backend tasks related to corporate member onboarding and membership renewal, including invoicing
- Prepare custom collateral for member companies as needed
- During grantmaking cycles, actively participate in LSC grantmaking processes by helping prepare application materials, reviewing applications, meeting with applicants, evaluating current and potential partnerships, and preparing professional summaries for Review Committees and Board of Directors
LSC is a fast-paced and growing organization. As such, the Partnerships Manager will be expected to perform tasks and help teammates in ways not explicitly listed above.
Hard Skill Requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Stellar organizational skills, fanatical attention to detail and consistent follow-through
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with email marketing and graphic design a plus
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
To apply for this position, please send a resume & cover letter to Ava Colarusso at email@example.com.