We’re aiming to reach even greater heights with the 2023 Timmerman Traverse, as this year’s intrepid team targets a fundraising goal of $1 million to support Life Science Cares’ programs and community partnerships.
Today, Traverse founder Luke Timmerman shared the roster of climbers who will hike 23 miles across the Presidential Traverse in the White Mountains over the course of three days in August. Each of these leaders in the life science sector has committed to raise a minimum of $25,000 for Life Science Cares and our network of nonprofit partners.
“Biotech entrepreneurs can do remarkable things when focused on a hard challenge,” said Timmerman, the veteran biotech journalist and founder of Timmerman Report. “The first two years of these expeditions have demonstrated that, as we’ve raised $1.7 million for Life Science Cares. This year, we’re raising the bar even higher.”
Proceeds from the Traverse support our partners and partnerships providing access to basic needs, access to education and access to opportunity in Greater Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay Area and New York. To date, the Life Science Cares network has distributed more than $10 million in grants and supercharged those grants with 20,000+ volunteer hours and more than $1 million in in-kind contributions.
This year’s Traverse team:
- Luke Timmerman, founder & editor, Timmerman Report
- Art Krieg, founder & CSO, Checkmate Pharmaceuticals
- Lydia Meyer-Turkson, senior director, early innovation partnering, Johnson & Johnson
- Ted Love, entrepreneur, former CEO, Global Blood Therapeutics, Board of Managers, LSC Bay Area
- Samantha Truex, CEO, Upstream Bio, Board of Directors, LSC Boston
- Andrea van Elsas, partner, Third Rock Ventures
- Tim Springer, Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Lalo Flores, CEO, Century Therapeutics
- David Schenkein, general partner, GV
- June Lee, venture partner, 5AM Ventures, Board of Directors, CEO, Stealth biotech, Adjunct Professor, UCSF
- Ben Portney, investment partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Katherine Andersen, head of life sciences and healthcare, Silicon Valley Bank
- Kaja Wasik, co-founder, CSO, Variant Bio
- Yael Weiss, CEO, Mahzi Therapeutics
- Heath Lukatch, managing partner, Red Tree Venture Capital
- Raju Prasad, CFO, CRISPR Therapeutics
- Kaye Foster, coach/advisor, BCG & ARCH
- Sandra Glucksmann, entrepreneur, former CEO, Cedilla Therapeutics
- Uciane Scarlett, principal, MPM Capital
- Sheila Gujrathi, Board Chair of Ventyx, ADARx and ImmPACT Bio
- Hamid Ghanadan, founder and CEO of The Linus Group
Hear from the team about why they’re stepping up to support Life Science Cares.
Sponsors of this year’s effort include Greenberg Traurig, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, MPM Capital/BioImpact, The Davis Companies, Bain Capital Life Sciences, Clarion Healthcare, EcoR1 Capital, Browne Consulting, Invus, Janitronics, Danforth Advisors, MacDougall Advisor and CBRE.
You can help kickstart this effort!
DONATE: Go to the Timmerman Traverse website and find a hiker you know. They’ll appreciate anything you can give — $100, or $500 or $1,000 – to help them hit their goal of $25,000.
SPONSOR: If you’re thinking big as an organization, and able to donate between $5,000 and $100,000, you could join an outstanding group of dedicated sponsors above. Learn more about sponsorship. Contact Mathias Vialva with any questions.