How do you select non-profit partners?
We look for organizations doing the most impactful work in our three areas of focus: survival, education and sustainability.
We seek organizations that measure their impact and utilize volunteer time and talent.
Successful partnerships work to identify challenges or needs and find resources within the industry to overcome those challenges.
What partner organizations do you work with in Philadelphia?
We have selected five initial non-profit partners – you can learn more about them HERE
Will you add partner organizations?
Yes! We will review recommendations from our board and advisory board in order to add partners that meet our selection criteria on an annual basis.
While we do not have a specific target for the number of partners we will select, in Boston, LSC started with seven partners in 2017 and now supports 27 partners in 2020.
How can I/my organization get involved?
- Volunteer at partner non-profits.
- Collect goods for an in-office drives.
- Join the LSC ADVISORY BOARD.
- Give a financial donation to support grants to partners.
What volunteer opportunities does LSC provide?
Volunteerism and employee engagement can take many forms. LSC is working to make a variety of volunteer opportunities available so that individuals can get involved in ways that resonate with them individually. Examples include:
- Organizing a donation drive
- Serving meals
- Sorting and packaging food or clothing for those in need
- Participating in a mentorship program
- Getting involved with a local clean-up day
We encourage everyone to get creative to put their unique skills and interests to good use!
How can my organization host an in-office drive?
- LSC schedules volunteer opportunities and posts them on the GET INVOLVED SECTION
- If you see an event that you are interested in sign up to receive more information about the event. When you arrive you will find other life science industry employees who share your interest in volunteering.
- You can also CONTACT US in order to schedule a team event at one of partner non-profits.
- Follow @LS_CaresPhilly on Twitter at on LinkedIn at Life Science Cares Philadelphia
How can I find out more about volunteer opportunities?
You choose what you’d like to collect at your office and when you’d like to run a drive.
We’ll help with marketing materials, setting targets and coordinating logistics of pickup and drop-off.
- Together, we can help our neighbors in need: here are examples of the kinds of materials our partners collect
- Cradles to Crayons: new or gently used clothes for kids of all ages (especially coats)
- Year Up: gently used professional attire
- Philabundance: non-perishable food
- Broad Street Ministry: personal care items and gently used clothing
What does the advisory board do?
- Advisory Board Members promote LSC within their company, provide recommendations for non-profit partners, and personally support administrative costs so that all money raised from companies and individuals can go directly to community grants.
- There is no specific time obligation.
- Learn more about the advisory board HERE and meet our current members HERE.