It’s official—the 2022 Timmerman Traverse will kick off Sunday, September 11th in the White Mountains of New Hampshire!
Today, Traverse founder Luke Timmerman shared the roster of climbers who will hike 23 miles across the Presidential Traverse in the White Mountains over the course of three days. Each of these leaders in the life science sector has committed to raise a minimum of $25,000 for Life Science Cares and our network of nonprofit partners. Their team goal for 2022? $800,000!
Proceeds from the Traverse support our partners and partnerships providing access to basic needs, access to education and access to opportunity in Greater Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego and the San Francisco Bay Area. To date, the Life Science Cares network has distributed more than $8 million in grants and performed 20,000 volunteer hours.
This year’s Traverse team includes:
- Luke Timmerman, founder, Timmerman Report
- Katherine Andersen, head of life sciences, SVB
- Chip Clark, CEO, Genocea Biosciences
- Sue Hager, chief investor relations and communications officer, Section32
- Alex Harding, entrepreneur in residence, Atlas Venture
- Bernat Olle, CEO, Vedanta Biosciences
- Mark Murcko, founding CSO, Dewpoint Therapeutics
- Amanda Banks, advisor, Harbinger Health
- Uciane Scarlett, principal, MPM Capital
- Julie Sunderland, managing director, Biomatics Capital
- Parag Shah, CEO, K2 HealthVentures
- Josh Thornton, partner, Centerview Partners
- Lalo Flores, CEO, Century Therapeutics
- Bonnie Anderson, founder and executive chairwoman, Veracyte
- Deb Palestrant, partner, 5AM Ventures
- Doug Fambrough, CEO, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals
- Dave Melville, founder and CEO, The Bowdoin Group
- Art Krieg, founder and CSO, Checkmate Pharmaceuticals
- Nina Kjellson, general partner, Canaan Partners
- Mostafa Ronaghi, CEO, Dynamic Special Purpose Corp.
You can show your support for the cause a few different ways.
DONATE: Go to the Timmerman Traverse website and find a hiker you know. They’ll appreciate anything you can give — $100, or $500 or $1,000 – to help them hit their goal of $25,000.
SPONSOR: If you’re thinking big as an organization, and able to donate between $5,000 and $100,000, you could join an outstanding group of dedicated sponsors above. Learn more about sponsorship. Contact Emily Stanford with any questions.