Life Science Cares Philadelphia’s mission is to activate the financial and human capital of the life sciences industry – and partner with nonprofits – to disrupt the cycle of poverty in our communities. We envision all of our neighbors having access to basic needs, access to education, and access to opportunity.
LSC is hiring a Partnerships Manager to join our team. The Partnerships Manager will be in charge of working with our nonprofit partners and member companies to design, execute, and market LSC volunteer programs. The Partnerships Manager will play a key role in helping LSC Philadelphia continue to scale its programs. They will also serve as an interim coordination support for Project Onramp, our internship program that places first generation college students into summer internships at life science companies.
The Partnerships Manager will be our third full time employee, working closely with the Executive Director and Development Director as we implement innovative programs that benefit LSC nonprofit partners by leveraging the life sciences industry. We’re looking for someone who is high-energy, comfortable engaging in thoughtful and productive idea-sharing, and who represents the values of the life science industry and the partner organizations we serve.
The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about LSC’s mission. They must be a highly organized project manager with a strong attention to detail and be able to carefully manage multiple projects, events, logistics and deadlines simultaneously. They will be a strong writer and communicator. They must be a self-starter who enjoys working independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight, while also being collaborative and team oriented. Knowledge of the life science industry and/or the Philadelphia nonprofit landscape are a plus.
Life Science Cares is an equal opportunity employer that supports and celebrates diversity. As such, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, partners, and stakeholders.
This position is a full-time remote position with occasional evening and weekend events. The Partnerships Manager will need to attend volunteer events on a regular basis and will occasionally need to work outside regular working hours to successfully execute volunteer engagement activities.
The LSC Partnerships Manager will need to be readily accessible to Life Science companies and nonprofits based in the Philadelphia area.
- Conduct regular check-ins with all partner organizations to identify, organize, and execute innovative volunteer opportunities and ensure robust partnerships.
- Communicate with volunteers before and after the volunteer opportunity.
- Represent LSC at nonprofit partner engagements, including volunteer opportunities.
- Ensure coordination with nonprofit partners.
- Coordinate multi-site drives for goods on behalf of our partners organizations.
- Ensure data regarding volunteer engagements is measured and tracked accurately; build out and maintain databases and hubs for volunteer engagement.
- Support internal systems for tracking and monitoring engagements and partnerships.
- Promote volunteer opportunities widely, including leading the development and execution of seasonal campaigns.
- Create collateral to promote volunteer opportunities and update website as needed.
- Regular check-ins with National Onramp Director and LSC Philadelphia’s Onramp student support organization, Heights Philadelphia (March-Aug)
- Coordinate with life science companies as they set up and run summer internships through Project Onramp (March-Aug)
- Support social media posting for LSC’s activities
- Collaborate with other LSC affiliates to standardize and share best practices
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Passionate about our mission to support nonprofit organizations focused on underserved communities in the Philadelphia area
- Familiarity with Philadelphia nonprofits
- An authentic presence, exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- A commitment and passion to being fully integrated within the community
- Effective organizational skills and detail oriented
- Comfortable using software including: Google suite, Constant Contact, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel and Canva
- Metrics and data driven
- Live in Philadelphia area
- Ability to cross collaborate with other LSC affiliates
$60,000-$75,000 based on experience. LSC provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, as well as unlimited paid time off and flexible work schedules. This is a full-time remote position.
Please include a combined pdf that includes a brief cover letter, contact info and your CV – send to Brandi@lifesciencecares.org with the subject line PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER SUBMISSION